Carteret County is ranked one of the top 10 retirement hot spots in the United States, and the county is the only oceanfront county in North Carolina designated as a Certified Retirement Community by the State of North Carolina. And for a very good reason—the Crystal Coast offers everything a retiree wants!
- Best-in-class health care, including the only Mayo Clinic Care affiliated hospital in North Carolina—Carteret Health Care
- Low cost of living and North Carolina’s lowest county property tax rate
- Diverse housing options at affordable prices
- Temperate 4-season climate with year-round outdoor recreation
- Civically-engaged community with abundant volunteering and networking opportunities
- Opportunities for fulfilling part- and full-time employment
- Quick assimilation into the community
- Beaches, waterways, museums, festivals and so much to do
- Great restaurants and cultural amenities
Many visitors to the Crystal Coast long to call Carteret County home, and retirement affords them that long-awaited opportunity. If you are seeking sun, sand and four seasons in your retirement years, check out the Crystal Coast.
Take a Self-Guided Tour
We invite you to download our app and take a self-guided tour of the County. All of our most visited and some of our best kept secrets are included on the tour.
Click here for a video tutorial explaining the app and it's features. Set up the app using Registration Code 3nspzc