Carteret County Economic Development Foundation
The Carteret County Economic Development Foundation (“Foundation”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization formed to support economic development and community development in Carteret County.
The Foundation serves as both a sounding board for the Carteret County Board of Commissioners and county staff on economic development matters. It also supports new initiatives to grow the Crystal Coast economy. The Foundation is focused on branding and marketing the Crystal Coast as a destination for permanent residents and new businesses.
The Foundation is governed by a board of directors representing diverse business and stakeholder interests in the county. Two voting members are appointed by the Carteret County Commissioners, and the remaining voting members are elected by the Board.
As of August 2021, the Carteret County Economic Development Foundation Board of Directors includes the following individuals:
- Silvana Botta, Director of Finance & Marketing, Ruddy Duck Tavern
- Robin Comer, Vice-Chair, Carteret County Board of Commissioners
- James Cummings, President, McGreat, LLC (dba Great Clips Franchisee)
- Sloan Freeman, CEO, Geodynamics (Vice-Chair)
- Jake Joplin, CEO and General Manager, Carteret-Craven Electric Cooperative (Treasurer)
- Josh Lyle, President, Lyle Contracting Solutions, Inc.
- Michelle Nolin, President, Learn Ethos
- Booth Parker, Haley & The Hound
- Donna Phillips, Senior Economic Development Manager, Duke Energy (Secretary)
- Bruce Sheldon, Business Development, Colliers Engineering and Design
- Matt Shortway, Owner, Shortway Brewery
- Ed Stack, Vice President, Jarrett Bay Boatworks (Chair)
- Jesse Vinson, Principal, J. Vinson Business Development
Ex Officio (Non-Voting):
- Jim Browder, Executive Director, Crystal Coast Tourism Development Authority
- Tommy Burns, Carteret County Manager
- Sheree Higgins, Carteret County Association of Realtors
- Tom Kies, President, Carteret County Chamber of Commerce
- Tracy Mancini, President, Carteret Community College
- Vacant, Carteret County Economic Development Director
The Foundation appreciates donations to support its initiatives. Because the Foundation is a charitable 501(c)(3) corporation, contributions are generally fully tax deductible. To make a contribution to the Carteret County Economic Development Foundation, or to learn more about the Foundation, please contact:
Heather Harris, Carteret County Economic Development Administrative Officer
3615 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557