About the Crystal Coast
Are you ready to move to a place you actually want to live? Are you ready to relax and enjoy ocean sunrises AND sunsets instead of your long commute time to and from work?
Because the Crystal Coast is an amazing place to live, our slice of paradise is recognized by others for what we have to offer. The Crystal Coasts boasts:
- The South’s Best Small Town — Beaufort — voted #1 by Southern Living magazine
- One of the South’s Best Pubs — The Backstreet Pub, located in Beaufort — voted #3 by Southern Living magazine
- The Carteret County Public School System — among the best performing schools in North Carolina, ranked 2nd in 2018 for SAT and ACT scores
- Carteret Health Care — one of the highest ranked hospitals in NC and recognized as a Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital in the U.S.
- One of the nation’s largest clusters of marine research (Duke, North Carolina State University, University of North Carolina and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA))
- 85 miles sandy beaches
- Wild horses
- World-class fishing and SCUBA diving
- Water access to enjoy activities like boating, sailing, swimming, surfing, kiteboarding, paddleboarding and kayaking
- Miles of trails for hiking and biking
- The Cape Lookout National Seashore
- Croatan National Forest
The Crystal Coast has a lot to offer in terms of your quality of life and jobs. You also can’t beat the climate here! Carteret County has a mild southeast Atlantic coastal climate with an average daily temperature ranging from 46 degrees in January to 77 degrees in July. The mean annual temperature varies slightly from year to year, averaging around 60 degrees.
What are you waiting for?
You can learn more about the demographics of Carteret County and some of the accolades we’ve received by clicking on the links below. Come and be a part of the award-winning Crystal Coast!