Carteret County Economic Development Foundation
The Carteret County Economic Development Foundation (“Foundation”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization formed to support economic development and community development in Carteret County.
The Foundation serves as both a sounding board for the Carteret County Board of Commissioners and county staff on economic development matters. It also supports new initiatives to grow the Crystal Coast economy. The Foundation is focused on branding and marketing the Crystal Coast as a destination for permanent residents and new businesses.
The Foundation is governed by a board of directors representing diverse business and stakeholder interests in the county. Two voting members are appointed by the Carteret County Commissioners, and the remaining voting members are elected by the Board.
As of January 1, 2019, the Carteret County Economic Development Foundation Board of Directors includes the following individuals:
- Silvana Botta, Director of Finance & Marketing, Ruddy Duck Tavern
- Phil Collins, President, Sound Bank
- Robin Comer, Vice-Chair, Carteret County Board of Commissioners
- Mike Coyle, President, Bally Refrigerated Boxes
- James Cummings, President, McGreat, LLC (dba Great Clips Franchisee)
- Sloan Freeman, CEO, Geodynamics (Vice-Chair)
- Jake Joplin, CEO and General Manager, Carteret-Craven Electric Cooperative (Treasurer)
- Josh Lyle, President, Lyle Contracting Solutions, Inc.
- Donna Phillips, Senior Economic Development Manager, Duke Energy (Secretary)
- Ed Stack, Vice President, Jarrett Bay Boatworks (Chair)
- Jesse Vinson, Principal, J. Vinson Business Development
Ex Officio (Non-Voting):
- Jim Browder, Executive Director, Crystal Coast Tourism Development Authority
- Tommy Burns, Carteret County Manager
- John Hauser, President, Carteret Community College
- Tom Kies, President, Carteret County Chamber of Commerce
- Don Kirkman, Carteret County Economic Development Director
The Foundation appreciates donations to support its initiatives. Because the Foundation is a charitable 501(c)(3) corporation, contributions are generally fully tax deductible. To make a contribution to the Carteret County Economic Development Foundation, or to learn more about the Foundation, please contact:
Don Kirkman, Carteret County Economic Development Director
3615 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557